Try this fantastic yellow potato side dish! Coated in delicious herbs and spices and lightly cooked in olive oil. This delicious recipe is a perfect pairing for your favorite fish or chicken dish.
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 lbs. very small yellow potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Warm marinara sauce or pesto
1) Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
2) Stir together bread crumbs, cheese, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3) Place flour and eggs in 2 additional small bowls.
4) Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and spray liberally with olive oil spray.
5) Roll each in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat potatoes well with each step.
6) Place back on baking sheet and spray again with olive oil spray.
7) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork, coating with olive oil spray twice during cooking.
8) Serve with marinara sauce or pesto. Makes 8 appetizer servings.
Vitamin C: 35%