A delicious chicken casserole full of southwest flavor that can be made in the microwave.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To ensure this dish is too, check the label and skip or substitute ingredients marked with a (*).
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large tomato, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour*
- 2 tsp chili powder*
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb Yellow potatoes (about 4 medium), thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar* cheese
1) Mix the chicken, tomatoes, flour, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in an 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish until the chicken strips are well coated.
2) Lay the sliced potatoes over the chicken mixture in a single layer, leaving no gaps or holes.
3) Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the potatoes. Cover with a lid or seal with plastic wrap.
4) Microwave on high for 16 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and the chicken is cooked through.
Let stand for 2 minutes, then use oven mitts or hot pads to transfer the baking dish from the microwave; use tongs to peel back any plastic wrap.
Vitamin C: 25mg