A fondue twist on a favorite potato classic — Potatoes Au Gratin.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To ensure this dish is too, check the label and skip or substitute ingredients marked with a (*).
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth, divided*
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), cut the short way into 1/8-inch thick slices, divided
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere, Emmental, or Swiss cheese, divided*
1) Mix the garlic powder, salt, nutmeg, and pepper in a small bowl.
2) Put 2 tbsp wine in an 8-inch square, microwave-safe baking dish to coat the bottom; top with a third of the potatoes, then sprinkle on a third of the spice mixture and a third of the grated cheese.
3) Repeat, using half the remaining wine, half the potatoes, half the spices, and half the remaining cheese—and then repeat again, using the remainder of the Ingredients in that order.
4) Cover with a lid or seal with plastic wrap.
5) Microwave on high for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Use oven mitts or hot pads to remove the dish from the microwave; use tongs to remove any plastic wrap.
Sodium: 392 mg
Vitamin C: 22mg