A delightful soup that warms your soul.
These instructions meet the Centers for Disease Control and Preventionʼs strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb. (3 medium) potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb. boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
1) In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat combine broth and water. Cover and bring to boil. Add potatoes and carrot; cover and cook 5 minutes.
2) Add chicken, zucchini, onions and basil; bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 7 minutes.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
Total Fat: 3.1g
Saturated Fat: 1.0g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
% of Calories from Fat: 12%
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamins A and C and potassium, and a good source of folate, magnesium and fiber.
Credit: Recipe was supplied for Produce for Better Health Foundation courtesy of United States Potato Board. Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.