- 3 medium (5 to 6-ounce each) russet potatoes
- 6 tbsp low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked soy, turkey or pork bacon
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Reduced sodium broth (optional)
1) Leave skin on or peel potatoes. Cut into 1-inch chunks.
2) Place potato pieces in medium pot and cover with water or reduced-sodium broth. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
3) Return potatoes to pan and shake over low heat about 1 minute to dry.
4) Mash the potatoes and garlic with a potato masher, an electric hand-held mixer or by working through a ricer.
5) Mix buttermilk, crumbled bacon, and chopped green onions. Season with salt and pepper.