Need a healthy baked potato recipe? Spice things up with a dollop of Greek yogurt and some spicy, crunchy roasted chickpeas!
Potatoes work great in side dishes, but they can also be the main course. With the right toppings, you can turn those spuds into into the star of the show at supper time! This healthy baked potato recipe has plenty of protein from the Greek yogurt and the chickpeas, fiber to keep you feeling full, and it’s packed with flavor.
Sriracha is an Asian chili sauce that’s available in most grocery stores. If you can’t find Sriracha at your local grocery store, you can substitute 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper for the chili sauce. Not partial to spicy food? Don’t worry! Just skip the cayenne and the chili sauce and double the cumin instead.
Baked Potato with Greek Yogurt and Sriracha-Roasted Chickpeas
Prep time: 15 minutes; Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 4 Express Bake PotatOHs, cooked in the microwave
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce (depending on how spicy you want your chickpeas)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 fresh cucumber, seeded and chopped
1) Microwave PotatOHs on high 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Use oven mitts or potholders to remove them from the microwave. Let cool for 3 minutes and then remove wrapper.
2) Preheat the oven to 400.
3) Toss the chickpeas with the oil, cumin, Sriracha, and salt. Spread them out onto a cookie sheet and bake 30-40 minutes, or until they start to look just a little bit browned.
4) Meanwhile, use a fork to whisk together the yogurt, dill, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Slice your baked potatoes almost all the way in half, leaving the bottom intact. Divide the yogurt mixture between the potatoes, then top each one with 1/4 of the chick peas and a handful of the chopped cucumber. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 579mg
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Protein: 23g