February is one of our favorite times of the year, because for a whole month, we celebrate the vegetable that we most love to eat: potatoes! That’s right, it’s National Potato Lovers Month, and what better way to celebrate than spreading the love through PotatOHs?
Potatoes are very good to us, and there’s a whole lot to love. They:
- Are low in calories, with only 110 in a medium-sized spud
- Are fat, cholesterol and sodium-free, so they’re easy on your heart and on your weight
- Are full of fiber, helping keep us fuller longer
- Are gluten-free, providing healthy, natural and satisfying meals for people with gluten sensitivity
- Are can be made almost any way you can imagine, and you can bake ’em, fry ’em, grill ’em, microwave ’em, smash ’em, steam ’em and…well, you get the point!
PotatOHs give you even more to love about potatoes! Here are some of the ways they make life a little easier and make eating healthy more convenient. They:
- Save you time by fully cooking in just 4-7 minutes in the microwave
- Are double-washed and sealed in our recyclable BPA-free SavorSeal™ wrap that keeps in the flavor and natural goodness of potatoes when cooking in the microwave
- Steam as they cook in the microwave, two ways the U.S. Potato Board recommends cooking potatoes to preserve nutrients
- Provide great taste and a perfect texture that you just can’t get using cloth bags or paper towels, or just microwaving a potato on a plate
- Offer a variety of choices, whether you like good ol’ russets, sweet potatoes, red or gold potatoes, or fingerlings!
- To learn more about why PotatOHs are an easy shortcut to a healthy potato meal, watch our video below
There are many reasons to love potatoes, and we want to hear yours! Celebrate Potato Lovers Month by telling us why YOU love potatoes.
6 lucky potato lovers will receive a FREE variety pack of Express Bake PotatOHs. That’s 3 russets, 3 sweet potatoes, and 1 tray pack each of Fingerling, Gold and Ruby Jubileez!
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post and include your email address so we can contact you. We love all of our fans, but we ship fresh potatoes and like to get them to your doorstep quick, so only potato lovers in the U.S. are eligible. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, February 13, so check our blog and Facebook page for updates.
Have a great weekend, and good luck!