Not just any potato salad! With crisp-tender green beans and a simple but luscious dressing, you can enjoy it warm as a dinner side dish or take it along to a picnic or potluck.
- 1 1/3 pounds (4 medium) unpeeled red or white potatoes, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces green beans (such as Blue Lake), trimmed and cut into thirds
- 3 tablespoons prepared honey mustard or hot-sweet mustard
- 2 tablespoons each unseasoned rice vinegar and canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
1) In 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with water; add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling over high heat.
2) Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until potatoes are almost tender, about 6 minutes.
3) Add beans; cover and cook 3 or 4 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Drain thoroughly and cool 5 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar and oil until thoroughly blended and smooth. Add onion, potatoes and beans; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Vitamin C: 38mg