Potatoes and summer vegetables make a bright and healthy warm-weather side dish.
To make recipe gluten-free, check the label and skip or substitute recipe ingredients marked with a (*).
- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes or 3 to 4 small red potatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning*
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese*
1) Cut potatoes, zucchini and squash into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in microwave-safe dish.
2) Add tomatoes, onion, Italian seasoning and garlic and mix well. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover tightly with lid.
3) Microwave on high for 17 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.