This sweet potato and kale salad with fresh pineapple is a little sweet, a little spicy, and all kinds of tasty! We’ve spiked this potato salad with lots of healthy kale — a dark, leafy green along the lines of collards or spinach, and it adds a nutritional punch to any dish. You’re already getting 30 percent of your daily vitamin C and plenty of vitamin A from the sweet potatoes, and kale adds a healthy dose of iron and other nutrients that may protect your health.
- 2 large Sweet PotatOHs, microwaved and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple chopped (you can substitute canned in juice pineapple, drained)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1) In a large bowl, combine the kale, vinegar, salt, and olive oil. Dig in with your hands and massage the kale until it begins to wilt and soften.
2) Add the remaining ingredients, tossing to mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.