Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To be sure this dish is, too, double check the label of the ingredients indicated with a “*” to be sure they are gluten-free.
- 1 lb. (3 medium) potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 oz. flank steak
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce*
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded, reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese*
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp pepper (optional)
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas, heated*
- Steak sauce (optional)*
1) Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish; cover with plastic wrap, venting one corner. Microwave on HIGH 7 minutes or until just tender; set aside.
2) Cut steak lengthwise into thirds, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-heat until hot. Add 1/2 steak; cook and stir 2 minutes or until steak loses pink color.
3) Using slotted spoon, remove to large bowl; repeat with remaining oil and steak. Add Worcestershire sauce; toss to combine.
4) Add potatoes to skillet; cook and stir until most liquid is absorbed. Add steak, cheese and onions; mix lightly just until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5) Spoon 1/2 cup potato mixture onto center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge up over filling; fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges; fold top edge over to enclose filling. Serve with steak sauce, if desired. Note: Microwave cooking time is based on a 700-watt microwave. Adjust time to your own oven.