Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To be sure this dish is, too, double check the label of the Ingredients indicated with a “*” to be sure they are gluten-free.
- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes or 2 to 3 small red potatoes
- 1 chicken breast (6 to 8 ounces) or 5 to 6 chicken tenders
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 packet (1 1/4 ounces) taco seasoning*
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese*
1) Cut potato in half lengthwise. Slice across into 1/4-inch-thick half moons.
2) On separate cutting board, cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips. If using tenders, it is not necessary to cut them.
3) In a 1-quart microwave-safe dish, combine chicken, tomatoes and taco seasoning, mixing well. Arrange potatoes on top of chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap.
4) Microwave on high for 12 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes and chicken are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.