This Southwestern seasoned soup is hearty enough to be a main course.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To be sure this dish is, too, double check the label of the ingredients indicated with a “*” to be sure they are gluten-free.
- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes or 3 to 4 small red potatoes
- 1 chicken breast (6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth*
- 1 packet (1 1/4 ounces) taco seasoning*
1) Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. On separate cutting board, cut chicken into uniform cubes. In a 1-quart microwave-safe dish, combine potatoes, chicken, tomatoes, broth and taco seasoning, mixing well. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes and chicken are done.
2) Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.