Patriotic Potatoes for the Fourth of July or anytime!
These instructions meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
- 2 cups fingerling potatoes (about 10oz)
- 2 cups small red potatoes (about 10oz)
- 2 cups small blue potatoes (about 10oz)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1) Wash potatoes and pat dry.
2) Bake* potatoes (at 425 °F) until tender- about 40 minutes (boiling will reduce blue skin color).
3) Cut fingerling and blue potatoes in half; cut red potatoes in quarters.
4) Place in a bowl.
5) Add onion, parsley, dill, chives.
6) Whisk vinegar and remaining ingredients together.
7) Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to combine.
8) Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
* Potatoes may instead be microwaved, steamed or grilled until tender.
Total Fat: 4.7g
Saturated Fat: 0.7g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
% of Calories from Fat: 42%
Each serving provides; An excellent source of Vitamin C and a good source of potassium.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). All PBH endorsed recipes meet nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.