This light, veggie-packed side dish combines America’s Favorite Vegetable—the potato—with several other good-for-you ingredients for a great nutritional punch. An easy way to work extra vegetables in your daily routine, the Quick & Healthy Garden Veggie Potato Salad is so tasty and colorful that even kids will love it.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To ensure this dish is too, check the label and skip or substitute ingredients marked with a (*).
- 3 Express bake PotatOHs
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt*
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped and lightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 3 tbsp shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- 1/2 of a 6.5-oz. jar coarsely chopped marinated artichoke hearts (including liquid)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
1) Microwave PotatOHs on high 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Use oven mitts or potholders to remove them from the microwave. Let cool for 3 minutes and then remove wrapper.
2) Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl with remaining Ingredients; stir well to mix. This salad may be served right away, but is best if refrigerated for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.