This filling and refreshing potato, beet and arugula salad is great for hot, summer days. It’s healthy and simple to make, not to mention delicious!
- 2 pounds purple potatoes, peeled and halved or quartered
- 1 cup cooked, peeled and diced red beets
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled, good quality Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Place potatoes in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
2) Let cool and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
3) Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl and toss with potatoes, beets and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5) Just before serving, lightly toss arugula with potatoes.
6) Sprinkle with walnuts and Parmesan.
Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Vitamin C: 50%
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 190 mg
Potassium: 143 mg
Protein: 7 g