Start your day off with this tasty potato scramble! Mixed with butternut squash and pasilla peppers, this scramble is a delectable and healthy breakfast treat.
- 1 1/4 pounds (3 medium) peeled, diced russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced stemmed and seeded pasilla peppers
- 4 cups grated butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup grated low-fat jack or Cheddar cheese
Heat oven to 350°F. In large pot of boiling water, boil potatoes for 5 minutes or until barely tender; drain. In skillet over high heat, heat oil. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add peppers and cook until just softened. Mix in squash and green onions; Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes more. Spread potato mixture evenly in baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.