What could be quicker—or tastier—than potatoes topped with your favorite prepared pasta sauce?
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To ensure this dish is too, check the label and skip or substitute ingredients marked with a (*).
- 2 medium russet, yellow-flesh or white potatoes
- 1 jar (14 oz) pasta sauce*
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning*
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese*
1) Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half so they will not roll while cooking. Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish, cut side up.
2) Mix together pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap.
3) Microwave on high for 11 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave.