Au Gratin potatoes in minutes are a nutritious, affordable and satisfying solution for time-pressed cooks.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To ensure this dish is too, check the label and skip or substitute ingredients marked with a (*).
- 4 medium russet, white or red potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese*
1) Pour enough milk into a microwave-safe dish or a microwavable steamer bag to just cover the bottom. Lay some potato slices on the bottom of the dish in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat layering of Ingredients until all potatoes are used.
2) Pour remaining milk over potatoes before adding the last of the cheese. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes are done. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave.