Play with your food! Substitute your favorite protein for the chicken sausage, or try a new potato variety for a vegetarian version of this delicious kabob.
To make recipe gluten-free, check the label and skip or substitute recipe ingredients marked with a (*).
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, marjoram and sage)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (12-oz.) package precooked chicken sausage*, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
1) Heat olive oil in a small saucepan until very hot; remove from heat and stir in garlic.
2) Let cool, then stir in herbs, salt, lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
3) Place potatoes in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and cover with a lid.
4) Microwave on high for 10 to12 minutes or until potatoes are tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave). Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave.
5) When cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks.
6) Thread potatoes, sausage and vegetables onto skewers.
7) Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with a little of the herb mixture during the last few minutes of cooking.
8) Remove from grill and place on platter; drizzle with remaining herb mixture.
Fat: 18 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Vitamin C: 200%
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 680 mg
Potassium: 682 mg
Protein: 15 g