Here is a great recipe for sweet potatoes that your guests won’t expect.
These instructions meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
- 1 15-oz. can sweet potatoes or yams, in light syrup, drained and cubed
- 1 8-oz.can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup honey mustard dressing
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
1) Combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, apple, celery and cashews in a large bowl.
2) In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and ginger; pour over sweet potato mixture; toss lightly. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3) Serve over salad greens.
Total Fat: 7.6g
Saturated Fat: 1.4g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
% of Calories from Fat: 29%
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C folate and fiber.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.