Mashed potatoes with a spicy Chipotle twist.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free. To ensure this dish is too, check the label and skip or substitute ingredients marked with a (*).
- 3 medium (5 to 6-ounce) white potatoes
- 6 tbsp nonfat milk
- 6 tbsp shredded Monterey Jack cheese*
- 1 tsp minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Reduced sodium broth (optional)
1) Leave the skin on or peel potatoes. Cut into 1-inch chunks.
2) Place potato pieces in medium pot and add enough water (or reduced-sodium broth) to cover. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender.
3) Drain, then return potatoes to pan and shake over low heat 1 minute to dry.
4) Mash with potato masher or fork. Mix in milk, cheese, chipotle peppers, cumin, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Vitamin C: 8mg