This easy microwave recipe for a hearty chicken and potato pot pie makes a great dinner when a family has a healthy appetite, but is short on time.
- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes OR 3-4 small red potatoes
- 1 chicken breast (6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup frozen vegetable blend
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 egg, beaten
1) Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice across into 1/4 inch thick half moons.
2) On separate cutting board, cut chicken into small, uniform cubes.
3) In a 1-quart microwave-safe dish combine soup, vegetables, potatoes, chicken and one soup can of water. Mix well.
4) Top mixture with pie dough and brush dough with egg.
5) Microwave on high for 20 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes and chicken are done.
6) Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave.