We often take the ultra-low-fat potato and fry it into nutritional oblivion. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here is a low-fat makeover of a favorite spud snack, great as an appetizer or side dish.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Wash and scrub the potatoes.
3) With a paring knife, remove skin and about 1/8 inch of the flesh in long 1- to 2-inch-wide strips. (Reserve peeled potatoes for another use.)
4) Toss potato skins with oil, paprika, salt and cayenne. Place in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Vitamin C 30% dv