Mashing broccoli with cheese and potatoes might be just the ticket to get your kids to eat their veggies.
- 1 lb russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 lb broccoli crowns, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk, heated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes.
2) Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
3) Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher.
4) Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Vitamin C: 100% dv