Top baked potatoes with sharp cheddar and broccoli (use up those leftovers!) for a crowd-pleasing favorite. Make it a meal: serve with a mixed green salad with chive dressing.
- 4 Express Bake PotatOHs
- 1 cup low-fat milk, divided
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 c)
- 1 cup cooked small broccoli florets
- Salt & cayenne pepper to taste
1) Microwave PotatOHs on high 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Use oven mitts or potholders to remove them from the microwave. Let cool for 3 minutes and then remove wrapper.
2) Heat 3/4 cup of milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until steaming, about 4 minutes.
3) Stir together flour and the remaining 1/4 cup of milk in a cup until smooth. Add to the hot milk, stirring constantly until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Season with salt and cayenne.
4) Distribute broccoli over the baked potatoes, top with the cheese sauce and serve.
Vitamin C: 56% dv