This delicious, quick, and easy to make broccoli potato soup can be a great starter dish or main course.
To make recipe gluten-free, check the label and skip or substitute recipe ingredients marked with a (*).
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/3 pounds (4 medium) potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes*
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) In 2 to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
2) Add onion; saute 5 minutes.3) Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil. 4) Reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. 5) Remove 1 cup of potato cubes with slotten spoon; set aside. 6) Pour contents of saucepan into container of electric blender. Holding lid down tightly, blend until smooth; return to saucepan. 7) Mix in reserved potatoes and the broccoli. 8) Over medium-low heat gradually add cheese, stirring until heated through and cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Fat: 17 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sodium: 1022 mg
Protein: 18 g