Substituting potatoes for noodles in Beef Stroganoff gives this dish flavor and a nutrition boost.
To make recipe gluten-free, check the label and skip or substitute recipe ingredients marked with a (*).
- 2 yellow-flesh potatoes or 3-4 small red potatoes
- 3/4 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup*
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1) Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice across into 1/4-inch thick half moons.
2) In a 1-quart microwave-safe dish, crumble beef and season with salt and pepper.
3) Add soup, mushrooms, water, mustard and potatoes. Stir until combined.
4) Microwave on high for 20 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until beef and potatoes are done.
5) Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish to prevent burns from steam.