Delicious spud-infused nachos without the extra calories.
To make recipe gluten-free, check the label and skip or substitute recipe ingredients marked with a (*).
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend*
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese*
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans*
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- Salsa, guacamole and sour cream (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
3) Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil, garlic salt and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasonings.
4) Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
5) Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and chiles. Bake for 5 minutes more to melt cheese. optional, serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Vitamin C: 37mg